Beef Peralan RecipeSubmitted by: Rose Mary | Date Added: 27 Feb 2014
Listed in: Beef
Beef - 1 Kg
Onions - 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato - 2 (Chopepd)
Green Chilli - 5 Slit
Ginger - 5cm (Peeled and sliced)
Garlic - 5 Cloves (crushed)
Red Chilli Powder - 2 Tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
Perumgeerakam (Aniseeds) - 1/2 Tsp
Cinnamon Stick - 1 small piece
Cloves - 5
Star anis - 4
Oil - 5 TBsp
1. Clean the beef and cut into small pieces.
2. Cook the beef in a Pressure Cooker adding salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 Cup water until the meat is 75% cooked (for around 15 minutes)
3. Drain the extra water (if any) from the meat into a seperate bowl and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
5. Saute the onions, green chillies curry leaves until the onions turn light brown.
6. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
7. Add cinnamon, cloves, anni seeds, star annis, coriander powder and saute for 2 minutes.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute again until the oil seperates.
9. Add the cooked meat and stir fry for a few minutes.
10. Add the stock (water from the pressure cooked meat) and cook until the gravy is thick.
Serve with parotta or rice !!
This dish is very popular among the Kerala christian community.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.