Easy and Special Upuma RecipeSubmitted by: Dinu Sojan | Date Added: 3 Mar 2011
Listed in: Breakfast
Rava - 2 cups
Onion(big) - 2 nos (Finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 4 nos
Ginger - 1/2 inch long
Salt - As required
Curry leaves - A few
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp (Uzhunnuparippu)
Butter - 4 tsp
Coconut oil - 1tsp
1) Heat coconut oil in a pan and add 2 tsp butter to it.
2) Splutter the mustard seeds and urad dal.
3) Add the chopped onions, chopped ginger, slitted green chillies, curry leaves and saute it well.
4) When the onions become brown add the rava to it and fry it, till it becomes light brown.
5) Boil 4 cups of water in a vessel and add the salt to it.
6) Add this water to the fried rava little by little, stirring the water properly. When it becomes soft stop the addition of water.
7) Cook until it is soft and thick.
8) Add the remaining butter to it and mix it well cook for 2 mints.
- Serve it hot with Banana or curry.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.