Kappi Kachiya Palappam RecipeSubmitted by: Mariya Jackson | Date Added: 21 Mar 2013
Listed in: Breakfast
1. Roasted Fine Rice Flour - 2 1/2 cups
2. Coconut Milk - 450ml
3. Sugar - 8 Tbsp
4. Salt - As needed
5. Yeast - 1 tsp
6. Luke Warm Water - 1/4 cups
10. Water - 2 cups
1. Combine yeast with 1/4 cup of luke warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a pan add 2 cups water to half cup rice flour and 1 teaspoon sugar and bring it to boil. Stir continuously and allow it to cool.
3. Take another bowl and add the remaining rice flour (2 cups), sugar (6 Tablespoon) and mix it with the yeast water. Add the coconut milk and also add the rice flour and water mix prepared in step 2. Make a thick batter of these ingredients. You could use a hand blender for this.
4. Cover and keep it in a warm place atleast 5 to 6 hours or over night.
5. When it rises check sugar and consistency. Batter should be thin in consistency.
6. Now we can make yummy yummy palappam and enjoy cooking.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
Add your comments.