Cashew Chicken RecipeSubmitted by: Rose Mary | Date Added: 26 Feb 2014
Listed in: Chicken and Poultry
Chicken (Boneless and cut into small pieces) - 500gm
Onions - 1 Cup
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Garlic - 4 Pods
Green Chilli - 4
Chilli powder - 1 Tablespoon
Cardomom - 3
Cloves - 3
Coriander - 1 Tablespoon
Garam Masala - 1 Tsp
Cumin - 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 Tsp
Yoghurt - 1/2 Cup (or use finely chopped tomato)
Cashew nut - 1 Cup
Salt to taste
Ghee - 4 Tablespoon (or you can use oil)
1. Soak the cashew nuts in water for 15 minutes. Then grind it into a fine paste and keep aside.
2. Grind the ginger, garlic, green chilli and cumin and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions, cardomom, cloves. Saute until the onions turn brown.
4. Add Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric Powder and the ground mixture prepared in step 2. Saute for a minute.
5. Add the yoghur (or tomatoes).
6. Add the chicken pieces and fry for a few minutes.
7. Add the grounded Cashew nut paste prepared in step 1 and stir well for few minutes.
8. Sprinkle salt and water as required and mix well.
9. Cover and cook until the chicken is well cooked and the gravy is thick.
10. Serve with Roti, Chappathi or rice.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.