Malaysian Chicken Rendang RecipeSubmitted by: Joe | Date Added: 4 Mar 2014
Listed in: Chicken and Poultry
6 cloves garlic crushed
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into medium pieces
3 stalks fresh lemon grass
4cm piece ginger
3cm piece galangal
3 tablespoons oil
6 shallots chopped
1cm piece fresh turmeric
15 dry red chillies, soaked in water
1 tsp sugar
2 hot red chilli peppers cut length wise
2 cups water
1-1/2 cups coconut milk
Salt to taste
1. Grind the soaked red chillies, garlic, galangal and turmeric into a paste.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan.
3. Add shallots, peppers and the ground paste
4. When golden brown add chicken breasts, lemon grass, water and coconut milk then bring to a boil.
5. When chicken is almost cooked add sugar.
6. Lower heat and allow chicken to simmer uncovered until very tender.
7. Add salt to taste then serve with hot rice.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.