Chemmeen Puttu RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 17 Apr 2012
Listed in: Fish
1. Prawns - 1/4 kg
2. Coconut oil -1 tbsp
3. Onion - 2 cup, finely chopped
4. Tomato - 2, finely chopped
5. Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
6. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
7. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
8. Chili powder - 1 tsp
9. Curry leaf - as required
10. Coriander leaf - as required
11. Green chilly - 5, finely chopped
12. Ginger - 1 inch piece, mashed
13. Garlic - 6 pods, mashed
14. Salt - to taste
15. Rice flour - 2 cup
1. Marinate the prawns in 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, and salt to taste for some time.
2. Set a kadhai (cheena chatti) and cook the marinated prawn with a little water, by stirring it continuously for some time till the water drains and the prawn gets cooked well.
3. Heat coconut oil and sauté the onion in it till it turns light brown in color.
4. Then add the tomato, garam masala, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Then add the green chili, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt to it and mix well.
6. Add the cooked prawn to the masala and stir well. Take it from flame and keep it aside.
7. Mix the rice flour with salt and water as required for making the steam cake (puttu podi).
8. While making the puttu, add the prawn masala instead of adding the grated coconut in between.
9. Steam cook it, and move it to a serving plate. Sprinkle with some grated coconut on top of the steam cake.
10. Serve it hot.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.