Erunth Unda RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 16 May 2012
Listed in: Fish
1. Erunth (Kakka) - 1 cup
2. Coriander powder - 1tsp
3. Turmeric power - 1/4 tsp
4. Chilli powder - 2 tsp
5. Salt - to taste
6. Coconut oil - 1 cup
7. Onion - 2, finely chopped
8. Tomato - 1, finely chopped
9. Green chilli - 2
10. Garlic - 4 pods, mashed
11. Ginger - 1/2 inch pc, mashed
12. Curry leaf - as required
13. Cumin seeds - 1/2tsp, powdered
14. Ponni rice-3 cup
15. Coconut milk-1 cup
16. Water - as required
1. Marinate the Erunth in coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt for 15 min.
2. Fry it in coconut oil and keep it aside.
3. Heat coconut oil in a china dish and sauté the onion, tomato, green chilli, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, and powdered cumin seeds in it.
4. Add the fried erunth to it and mix all the ingredients well. Add salt and chilli powder if required. Keep it aside.
5. Grind the ponni rice with required water, salt and coconut milk to make a fine thick batter. Cover this batter in a cotton cloth, tie the cloth tight and hang it somewhere so that the excess water content drains off.
6. Make lemon sized balls out of this thick batter and press it lightly by hand or on a flat surface. (apply coconut oil on hand or the surface, so that the batter doesn’t stick to your hand)
7. Fill it with the erunth masala and roll it by hand to make it ball shaped.
8. Cover the erunth unda in grated coconut. Cook it in steam for 10-15 min by placing it in a steam vessel.
9. Serve hot.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.