Erunthu Fry RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 14 Apr 2012
Listed in: Fish
1. Erunthu - 1 cup
2. Chili powder - 1tsp
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
4. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
5. Salt - to taste
6. Onion - 1, finely chopped
7. Tomato - 1, finely chopped
8. Green chili - 2, sliced in two
9. Garlic - 3 to 4 pod
10. Curry leaves - as required
11. Coconut oil - to fry
1. Marinate the erunthu in the chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt for 15 min.
2. Heat coconut oil in a kadai (cheena chatti) and sauté the onion till light brown in it.
3. Then add the tomato, garlic, and green chili and sauté again.
4. Once the onion is well sauted, then add the marinated erunthu to it and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Add extra salt and chili powder if required.
6. Close the lid of the china dish and fry it for 5 minutes, by stirring it during intervels.
7. Remove the lid, add curry leaves and stir for some more time till the coconut oil drains.
8. Take it from flame and convert it to a serving plate.
9. Serve it with rice, chappathi or pathiri to have the most delicious experience.
Erunthu is a sort of shell fish available mainly during summer seasons at the Malabar region. It’s a very tasty ingredient. Erunthu fry is a delicious dish using this shell fish as the key ingredient.
Specialties: Regional rare recipe, Very delicious and easy to make.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
Add your comments.