Erunthu Vada RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 26 Apr 2012
Listed in: Fish
1. Erunthu - 1 cup
2. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
4. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
5. Salt - To taste
6. Onion - 2, finely chopped
7. Green chilly-2, chopped
8. Flour - 1 cup
9. Water-3/4 cup
11. Coconut oil - to fry
1. Marinate the erunthu with chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt for 15 min.
2. Heat coconut oil in a china dish and deep fry the marinated erunthu in it. Keep it aside.
3. Mix flour, egg, chopped onion, water, green chilly and salt in a bowl by hand to make a thick batter.
4. Add the fried erunthu to this batter and mix again by hand.
5. Heat the same coconut oil that we used before to fry the erunthu.
6. Take spoonful of this batter and add it to the oil and deep fry it on both sides.
7. Serve it hot with tomato sauce.
Erunthu is a kind of shell fish available mainly during summer seasons at the Malabar region of Kerala. Itís a very tasty fish. Erunthu vada is a delicious evening snack using this shell fish as one of the key ingredient.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.