Kerala Fish Curry - Kudampuli (Kokum) Ittu Vachathu RecipeSubmitted by: George Varghese | Date Added: 5 Mar 2014
Listed in: Fish
For FOUR Portion
Fish(any white big fish) - 320 gm
Onions - 120 gm
Ginger - 6gm
Garlic - 6gm
Red chilly(whole) - 10gm
Turmeric - 3gm
Cumin - 6gm
Curry leaves - some
Mustard - 3gm
Kokum - 6gm
Coconut - a little(grated)
Tomato- a small one or a half
Coconut Oil - a little
Salt - to taste
1) Clean wash and cut the fish.
2) Broil* together freshly grated coconut with redchillies and salt. (Put grated coconut and whole red chillies with salt in a kadai and saut'e.). Grind this to a smooth paste.
3) Chop onion and tomato finely. Make ginger garlic paste. Make kokum pulp/paste.
4) Heat oil and put mustard seeds,curry leaves and half of kokum.
5) Then mix the ground pastes,chopped tomato,onion and fish.
6) Arrange the mix in a pan(mud pot is ideal) and pour enough water to cover the fish. Bring to boil and simmer on a slow fire till fish is cooked.
7) Pour a little fresh coconut oil .
*Broil - cook by applying dry heat( in a kadai on tava).
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.