Nadan Meen Curry RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 3 Oct 2012
Listed in: Fish
1. Fish - 500gm, cleaned and cut into pieces
2. Mustard - 1/4 tsp
3. Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
4. Coconut oil - 2-3 tsp
5. Tomato - 2. Finely chopped
6. Green chilli - 2
7. Chilli powder – 1 tsp
8. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
9. Tamarind Juice - 1/2 cup, squeezed with a lemon sized tamarind
10. Curry leaves-as required
11. Coconut - 1 cup, grinded
12. Water - 1 cup
13. Salt - to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in a vessel and sauté mustard and fenugreek seeds in it.
2. Add the tomato and green chilly to it and sauté again.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, tamarind juice, curry leaves and water to it and boil the curry for two minutes.
4. Add the fish pieces to the curry. Cover the pan with lid and cook in low flame for 10 to 15 minutes
5. Add the grinded coconut to the curry and mix all the ingredients well. Boil it for some more time till the curry attains light thickness.
6. Take it from flame and serve it with rice, chapatti or pathiri.
For this recipe you can use almost all fishes available at your area. The most commonly used fishes are sardines (matthi), mackerel (ayala), prawn, sole fish (maanthal), and much more.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.