Prawn or Lobster Roast RecipeSubmitted by: harsha | Date Added: 23 Feb 2010
Listed in: Fish
01. Prawn / Lobster - 250 gm cleaned
02. Potato - one large pealed and cut into thin pieces
03. Capsicum - one cut into pieces
04. Tomato - one large cut into small pieces
05. Crushed Ginger & Garlic - 2 tbsp
06. Shallots (pearl onion) cut into round - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
07. Sliced coconut (thengakothu) - some (optional)
08. Chicken masala powder - 11/2 tbsp
09. Red chilly powder - 11/2 tbsp
10. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
11. Pepper powder - 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
12. Salt - as per taste
13. Curry leaves - as required
14. Mustard - 1 tsp
15. Coconut oil - as required
Cook prawn along with 1/2 tbsp red chilly powder,1/2 tbsp chicken masala,1/4 tsp turmeric powder,salt and 3/4 cup water.
When half cokked,add potato.Cook until dry(until water evaporates).
Again add 1/2 tbsp chicken masala ,1/2 tbsp red chilly powder and pepper powder and mix well.Heat oil in a pan , fry this and keep aside.
Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustards. Add shallots,sliced coconut, capsicum and saute well.
Add crushed ginger-garlic and again saute thorughly until raw smell vanishes.Add tomato and mix well.Add remaining spice powders and fry to get a nice aroma.
When aroma arises,put some curry leaves and also fried ingredients.Mix until all ingredients blends well.
NB 1. If prawn is small, cooking before frying is not must.
2. For gravy you may add thick coconut oil
3. Coconut slices makes this recipe homely
4. Be sure to regulate saltness according to your taste.
5. Sauting ingredients well is essential.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.