Prawns Pickle RecipeSubmitted by: Vidya Sasikumar | Date Added: 18 Jan 2013
Listed in: Fish
Prawns - 1/2 kg
Ingredients for Frying the Prawns :
- Gingelly oil - 200ml
- Chilli powder - 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Salt - As required
Ingredients for making the pickle
- Gingelly oil (nallenna) - 50ml
- Garlic - 1 ½ bulb
- Ginger-½ inch piece + ½ inch piece
- Turmeric powder -2 to 3 pinch
- Chilli powder - 3 Tablespoon
- Pepper corn - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (jeerakam) - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - as per requirement
- Vinegar - 1½ teaspoon
Clean the prawns first , then add salt, chilli powder turmeric powder into it. Mix this well and fry the prawns in 200ml of gingelly oil.
Coarsely grind ginger half portion, garlic 1 bulb, cummin, pepper, turmeric.
Take a kadai and pour the remaining oil. Add the ground paste into the oil.
Always keep a low flame. When the aroma come from the spices add the fried prawns along with oil which is used for frying and stir well for some time.
Then add chilli powder and vinegar and stir it well.
Cook for few minutes and then turn off the heat.
Leave it to cool and then add the sugar.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.