Spicy Mussel balls RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 21 Jun 2012
Listed in: Fish
1. Mussels (Kadukka) - 1 cup, remove shells
2. Coriander powder - 1tsp
3. Turmeric power - 1/4 tsp
4. Chili powder - 1 tsp
5. Salt - to taste
6. Coconut oil - 1 cup
7. Onion - 2, finely chopped
8. Tomato - 1, finely chopped
9. Green chili - 4
10. Garlic - 5 pods, mashed
11. Ginger - 1/2 inch pc, mashed
12. Curry leaf - as required
13. Coriander leaves - as required
14. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp, powdered
15. Ponni rice – 3 cup
16. Water - as required
1. Marinate the mussel flesh in coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt for 15 min.
2. Fry it in coconut oil and slice each fried mussels in 4-5 pieces. Keep it aside.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onion, tomato, green chili, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and powdered cumin seeds in it.
4. Add the fried mussels to it and mix all the ingredients well. Add salt and chili powder if required. Keep it aside.
5. Grind the ponni rice with required water, and salt to make a fine thick batter. Cover this batter in a cotton cloth, tie the cloth tight and hang it somewhere so that the excess water content drains off.
6. Make lemon sized balls out of this thick batter and press it lightly by hand or on a flat surface. (apply coconut oil on hand or the surface, so that the batter doesn’t stick to your hand)
7. Fill it with the mussel masala and roll it by hand to make it ball shaped.
8. Cover it in grated coconut and cook it in steam for 10 to 15 minutes by placing it in a steam vessel.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.