Kerala Mutton Curry RecipeSubmitted by: Rose Mary | Date Added: 10 Jun 2010
Listed in: Mutton and Lamb
Mutton - 1 kg
Chilli powder - 2 Tsp
Pepper powder - 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
Cinnamon (Patta) - 2 inch stick (broken)
Cloves (Grambu) - 8
Cardamom (Elaichi or Elakkai) - 5
Fennel seeds (Perinjeerakam) - 1 Tsp
Yoghurt or curd - 1 cup
Onions - 2, chopped
Ginger - 1 small piece, chopped
Garlic - 6 pods, chopped
Green chillies - 5, slit
Tomato - 2, chopped
Oil - 5 Tbsp
Coriander leaves - a small bunch
1. Cut the mutton into small pieces.
2. In a frying pan fry the spices for marinating in a low flame until raw smell is gone.
3. Grind these spices in a mixer grinder.
4. Marinate the mutton pieces with the above ground spices and yoghurt for one hour.
5. Heat oil in a sauce pan.
6. Add the chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
7. Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute again.
8. Add the tomatoes and saute until it becomes paste.
9. Add the marinated mutton and mix in well.
10. Add half a cup of water and bring it to boil.
11. Lower the heat, cover the pan with a lid.
12. Cook in medium heat until the meat is tender and the gravy is of desired consistency.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot with porotta, pathiri or rice.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.