Parippu (Onasadhya Recipe) RecipeSubmitted by: maveli | Date Added: 16 Jul 2009
Listed in: Onam Special
Parippu (Moong Dal or Lentils) – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic clove – 3
Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
Green Chillies - 2
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 3 (broken into small pieces)
Chopped Onions (Shallots) - 3
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Curry Leaves - a few
Salt to taste
1. Cook the dal(Parippu) salt and turmeric addding enough water.
2. Grind coconut with little water, garlic, cumin seeds and green chillies.
3. Once the dal is cooked well, add ground mixture to dal along with few curry leaves and cook in simmer.
4. Heat oil in a pan and splutter Mustard. Add chopped onions and red chillies and saute.
5. When the onions turn light brown pour the mixture over dal.
6. Drizzle some ghee on top of the dal when serving.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.