Puli Inji (Onasadhya Recipe) RecipeSubmitted by: maveli | Date Added: 18 Aug 2009
Listed in: Onam Special
Ginger - 200 gm
Mustard seeds - ½ Tsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Green chillies - 8 nos
Chilly powder – 1 Tsp
Tamarind - 1 lemon size (soaked in one cup water)
Jaggery (Sharkara) - A small piece grated
Asofoetida (Kayam) - A pinch
Fenugreek seeds (Uluva) - 1/4 Tsp (or use a pinch or fenugreek powder)
Salt - As required
Coconut oil - 2 TBSp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Dry Red chilli - 2 (Cut into small pieces)
1. Peel and chop the ginger into very small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the ginger till light brown. Remove from oil and leave it to cool.
3. Grind the fried ginger in a mixer grinder.
4. Heat some oil in a pan and add the ginger, green chillies, chilli powder, turmeric powder, asofoetida, fenugreek and fry till oil starts to separate.
5. Add tamarind water and jaggery and cook till the curry thickens. Remove from the flame.
6. Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds.
7. Add curry leaves and red chilli and fry for a minute and add it to the Inji Curry.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.