Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Ney Pathiri Recipe Submitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 23 May 2012
Listed in: Rice, Noodles, Pasta, Breads
1. Coconut-1 Ĺ cup, grated
2. Shallots (Chuvannulli) - 5
3. Cumin - 1/2 tsp
4. Ponni rice - 2 cup, (moodari)
5. Salt - to taste
6. Water - as required
1. Grind the coconut, red onion and cumin on a grinding stone.
2. Grind the ponni rice, salt and water as required in a grinder. (donít grind it finely)
3. Mix the grinded rice and coconut mixture together and knead it by hand.
4. Heat oil in a china dish. While the oil is getting boiled, apply ghee on your hand and take a small amount of dough on your hand. Make lemon sized ball out of it and press it lightly on your hand and put it directly on the heated oil.
5. Slowly tap on the sides of the neypathiri . Do not to tap on top of the pathiri.
6. Once the neypathiri comes up from the bottom of the china dish, keep it so for 30 sec and then turn it over and heat it for another 30sec. Take it from flame and do the same with the remaining dough.
7. Serve it hot with chicken curry for the most delicious experience.
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.