Mutta Kizhi RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 17 May 2012
Listed in: Snacks
1. Egg - 2
2. Onion - 2, finely chopped
3. Green chili - 2
4. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
5. Chili powder – 1 tsp
6. Salt - to taste
7. Curry leaves - as required
8. Oil - as required
9. Flour – 2 cups
10. Water - as required
1. Boil the eggs and slice it into small pieces. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan or kadai and sauté the onion in it till it turns light brown in colour.
3. Then add the chili powder, salt, green chili, turmeric powder, and curry leaves in it and sauté again till the water content drains.
4. Add the sliced egg to it and mix all the ingredients well. Take it from flame and keep it aside.
5. Knead the flour by adding required amount of water and salt to make thick dough.
6. Make small balls out of this mixture and press it very thin.
7. Once the dough is pressed lightly to the shape of chapatti, then take any glass of round corners and press it on the pressed dough to make many small circles.
8. Take 1 – 2 teaspoon of the egg masala and fill the circles with it and bring the corners of the circle and press it so that the kizhi doesn’t break while frying it.
9. Do the same with the rest of the masala and dough.
10. Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the kizhi’s in it till it turns light brown in color.
11. Serve it hot.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.