Kerala Mutton Soup RecipeSubmitted by: sheen | Date Added: 13 Jun 2009
Listed in: Soup, Sauce, Stock
Mutton - 500gm (with bones)
Onion - 1 Small
Shallots (Chuvannulli) - 5
Fennel Seeds (Perumgeerakam) - 1 Tsp
Chopped ginger - 1 TBsp
Chopped garlic - 1 TBSp
Whole Pepper corns - 1 TBsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Coconut oil 2 TBsp
Water 4 to 6 cups
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves - a bunch
1. Wash the mutton thoroughly.
2. Peel and chop the onion, shallots, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
3. Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan.
4. Add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and stir fry.
5. Mix in the mutton along with coriander powder, fennel seeds, pepper, salt and garam masala. Stir for few minutes.
6. Add 4 cups of water (add more water if needed)
7. When it starts boiling add the shallots.
8. Cover the lid and cook until the mutton is well cooked.
9. Using the back of a spatula or the back of a spoon mash the pieces.
9. Strain the liquid into another saucepan through a medium seive. You could add some of the meat pieces also (without bones)
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.