Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
Christmas Pudding Recipe Submitted by: Santa | Date Added: 11 Nov 2009
Listed in: Sweets, Cakes, Desserts
Plain Flour - 100g
Caster Sugar - 200g
Bread Crumbs - 100g
Vegetarian Suet - 200g
Sultanas - 300g
Raisins - 300g
Currants - 200g
Candied peel - 100g
Almond Flakes - 50g
Lemon Zest - 1
Eggs - 5
Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 Tsp
Mixed Spice - 1/2 Tsp
Nutmeg - 1 Tsp
Salt - a pinch
Brandy or rum - 200ml
1. Grease four pudding basins(pint size).
2. Beat the eggs and mix well with all the ingredients and 150ml brandy.
3. Pour the mixture into the pudding basin.
4. Cover the pudding basins with foil or grease proof paper.
5. Tie a string around the pudding bais to secure the foil make a string handle across the basin so you can pick the basin, holding the handle.
6. Now carefully put the basins in a steamer of boiling water or on a sauce pan filled with boiling water way up to two-third size of the basin.
7. Cover and steam for around 4 hours adding water if necessary.
8. When the pudding is cooked, leave it to cool and pour remaining brandy on top.
9. Store in a cool place until Christmas Day.
Serve with custard on top.
Add your comments.