Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe Submitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 22 May 2012
Listed in: Sweets, Cakes, Desserts
1. Flour - 1 cup
2. Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
3. Coco powder - 1 Ĺ tbsp.
4. Powdered sugar - 1 cup
5. Egg - 2
6. Vegetable oil - 3/4 cup
1. Icing sugar - 100gm
2. Butter - 50gm
3. Coco powder - 1 Ĺ tsp
4. Milk -1 tbsp, if required
1. Chocolate bar - 1
1. Sieve flour baking powder and coco powder in a bowl.
2. In another bowl whisk the egg well.
3. Then add the vegetable oil and powdered sugar to it and mix well.
4. Mix this mixture with the sieved ingredients and beat well until smooth and no lumps are left.
5. Coat a baking tray with butter and place a small piece of butter paper inside the tray and apply butter again on top of the paper.
6. Pour the prepared mixture to the baking tray.
7. Preheat the oven in 180C.
8. Bake it in oven for 20 min in 180C.
9. Take it out and let it cool for some time before unmolding it.
10. In another bowl beat the butter until smooth and add the icing sugar to it and mix well.
11. Add the coco powder and beat again till all the ingredients are well mixed and you obtain a smooth thick cream. Add milk if the cream is very thick.
12. Now unmold the cake to a serving plate and apply the icing on the top and sides of the cake.
13. Directly grate the chocolate bar on the cake and insert 2 or 3 chocolate bars on top of the cake if required.
14. Serve it sliced or gift it to your kid for her birthday as a surprise.
Tips to prepare a cake
1. You can use butter instead of vegetable oil to make the cake. If you are using butter instead of vegetable oil then melt it before whisking with the egg.
2. While mixing the dry ingredients with the egg mixture, donít beat it too much. Just beat it as required to break the lumps and for all the ingredients to get well mixed.
3. Preheat the oven before baking.
4. Donít open and close the microwave too many times to check whether the cake is cooked or not, it will spoil your cake.
5. When the cake is baked, insert a knife in the cake and take it out. If the knife comes out clean, then the cake is well cooked.
6. Powder the icing sugar before beating, if itís in lumps.
7. Take out the butter to use in the cake from the refrigerator some time before the cake is being made.
Add your comments.