Carrot Pachadi RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 14 Apr 2012
Listed in: Vegetarian
1. Carrot - 1cup, finely chopped
2. Onion - 1
3. Green Chilly - 2
4. Coconut oil - 2 tsp
5. Blackgram dal (Uzhunnu Parippu) - 1 tsp
6. Mustard - 1/4 tsp
7. Red Chilly - 1
8. Salt - to taste
9. Curd - 3/4 cup
10. Coconut - 1-2 tbsp (grated)
1. Chop the onion finely and squeeze it with hand in 2-3 tbsp of salt water.
2. Mix the carrot, squeezed onion and green chilly and keep it aside
3. Sautť the mustard and blackgram dal in coconut oil and then add red chilly to it. Take it from flame and let it cool for some time.
4. Pour this mixture to the carrot-onion mixture and mix well.
5. Add curd and salt to this mixture and boil it for some times in low flame, stirring continuously.
6. Take it from flame and add the grated coconut to it. Serve it with rice.
Carrot pachadi is a regional dish of Kerala which is mainly served with rice and especially with sadhya. Itís both delicious and a healthy dish.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.