Carrot Vattichathu RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 18 Apr 2012
Listed in: Vegetarian
1. Carrot - 4, finely chopped
2. Onion - 2
3. Coconut - 1cup, grated
4. Tamarind water - 1/2 cup
5. Green Chili - 2, chopped
6. Curry leaves - as required
7. Ginger - ¼ tsp, mashed
8. Salt - to taste
9. Coconut oil – 2 tsp
10. Water – 2 to 4 Tbsp
1. Grind the coconut and onion in a mixer grinder.
2. Set a cooking vessel in medium flame and add the chopped carrot and the grinded coconut-onion paste to it and stir for some time.
3. Then add the tamarind water, green Chili, curry leaves, mashed ginger and salt to it and mix well.
4. Add some coconut oil and sprinkle with a little water.
5. Cook for some time with closed lid.
6. Remove the lid once the water is drained and the ingredients are well cooked.
7. Stir the ingredients once and let it drain for 1 or 2 minutes more.
8. Sprinkle it with some grated coconut and serve hot with rice or chapati.
Carrot vattichathu is a traditional recipe from Kerala. It is healthy diet which helps to reduce cholesterol and to resist cancer. It can be served with rice or chapati.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.