Fresh Mango Pickle RecipeSubmitted by: Daya | Date Added: 26 Sep 2012
Listed in: Vegetarian
Raw Green Mango -5
Ginger–garlic paste -2 tsp
Green chilly -2
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili Powder -2 tsp (Kashmiri chilly)
Fenugreek powder- 1/4 tsp
Asafetida – 2 pinches
Vinegar- 1tsp (optional)
Curry leaves 2-3
Gingelly oil – 2tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Wash and cut the mango into small pieces, with or without the peel, discarding the seed.
2. Add Salt and green chili and mix well, keep for one day.
3. In a small kadai medium heat pour the oil.
4. Once hot, add in the Mustard Seeds and allow them to splutter.
5. Add in Ginger –garlic paste and cook it for turns light brown.
6. Add in Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, the Asafetida Powder and Fenugreek powder.
7. Stir and add curry leaves, (if required salt can be added) take it off the flame.
8. Add the seasoning to the cut Mangoes and mix
9. Add vinegar, and then mix well.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.