North Indian Dal Curry RecipeSubmitted by: Dinu Sojan | Date Added: 17 Mar 2011
Listed in: Vegetarian
Red gram(Thuvaraparippu) - 1 cup
Shallots - 10 no's
Curry leaves - 2 sprig
Cumin seeds(Jeerakam) - 1/2 tsp
Garlic pods - 3 nos
Dry chilly flakes - 2 tsp
Tomato - 2 no's
Coconut oil - 2 tsp
Salt - As required
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Sugar - a pinch
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Pressure cook red gram in sufficient water, along with shallots, curry leaves, tomato and garlic, until soft.
2) Heat a pan and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3) Add some curry leaves and chilly flakes. Saute it and add cooked red gram.
4) Add salt and add the vinegar.
5) Add a pinch of sugar and garnish with coriander leaves.
:- Serve with chappathi, naan etc.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.