Pachamulaku Vattichathu RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 21 Jun 2012
Listed in: Vegetarian
1. Green chilli - 1/2 cup
2. Coconut - 1/2 cup, grated
3. Red onion - 3, thinly sliced
4. Ginger - 1 pc, thinly sliced
5. Curry leaf – a few
6. Kudampuli (Tamarind) - 2 piece, squeezed with half cup water
7. Salt - to taste
8. Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
1. Grind the grated coconut on a grinding stone.
2. Mix the red onion, ginger, curry leaf, salt and Malabar tamarind water with the grinded coconut and squeeze all the ingredients thoroughly by hand.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan and add this mixture to it. Stir it in flame.
4. Then add the green chilly to it and mix again. Sprinkle some water in it and cook for some time with closed lid.
5. Remove the lid when the water content drains and stir it using the handle of a spoon and take it from flame.
6. Serve it with kanji or rice.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.