Payaru Vattichath RecipeSubmitted by: Sana KP | Date Added: 26 Apr 2012
Listed in: Vegetarian
1. Beans - 250 gm, finely chopped
2. Asafoetida (kaayam) – a small pinch
3. Salt - to taste
4. Chilly powder-to taste
5. Coriander powder- ¼ tsp
1. Mix 3 tablespoon of salt in 1 litre water.
2. Soak the chopped beans in this salt water for 15 minutes and drain the water.
3. Cook the beans in a steam cooker for some time.
4. Mix the salt, chili powder, asafoetida and coriander powder and apply the spices well on the steam cooked beans and keep it aside for 3 or 4 hours in sunlight
5. Store it in an air tight container.
6. You can fry the required amount of beans in oil when you wish to have it.
7. Serve it hot with rice.
Payaru vattichath is a naadan recipe of keralites which can be served as a side dish with rice. This dish is easy to make as well as a healthy one too. The most important benefit of this recipe is that you can store it for some days and use it when required.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.