Rajma Masala Spicy RecipeSubmitted by: Sunitha | Date Added: 1 Aug 2013
Listed in: Vegetarian
1) Rajma/Red Kidney Beans - 1 Cup (Soaked Overnight / 8 hours)
2) Onion- 2 Medium Sized
3) Ginger -1 tbl spoon chopped
4) Garlic - 3-4 pods chopped
5) Green Chilli -3 Long ones slitted
6) Meat Masala - 1 tbl spoon
7) Garam Masala - 1 tea spoon
8) Correandar Powder - 1.5 tea spoon
9) Salt - to taste
Meat masala has no meat and can be used by vegetarians as well. I know many veggies who have such a misconception and hence mentioned
Pre Cooking Instruction
1) Wash Rajma and soak in 4 cups water for atleast 8 hours.
2)Pressure Cook the soaked rajma with salt in 4 cups water.It takes about 30 minutes or leave it for 8-10 whistles
1) Turn your gas to high flame and put some vegetable oil in a pan and once hot, add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli.
2) Once you get the fresh smell add Onion to it and saute until it becomes brown
3) Add Meat Masala, Correandar powder and garam masala and saute for 5mins in medium flame.
4) Stir in the cooked rajma along with 2 cups of water and salt and simmer it for about 30 mins. (You can use the water from pressure cooker)The more time you simmer, the more spicier and tastier it gets.
Thats it- We are done. Enjoy your rajma Masala :)
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.