Tomato Rasam RecipeSubmitted by: Fareeda Feroz | Date Added: 4 Oct 2012
Listed in: Vegetarian
1. Toor dal ½ cup
2. Oil 1 tea spoon
3. Turmeric powder ¼ tea spoon
4. Rasam powder 1 tea spoon
5. Tomatoes 3 chopped
6. Tamarind juice 1 table spoon
7. Coconut milk ¼ cup(optional)
8. Jaggery ½ tea spoon(optional)
Ingredients for seasoning
1) Ghee 1 table spoon
2) Mustard seeds ½ tea spoon
3) Cumin seed - ½ tea spoon
4) Garlic flakes 4 crushed
5) Curry leaves few
6) Red Chillies 2
7) Urad dal ½ tea spoon
8) Onion 1 tea spoon finely chopped
1. Pressure cook dal with oil and turmeric powder adding 3 cups of water for 4 to 5 whistle.
2. Drain the dal; take only the water and leave the dal out.
3. To this water add chopped tomatoes; boil it for few minute until tomatoes become soft.
4. Squeeze the tomatoes and discard the pieces
5. To this add rasam powder, salt, tamarind juice and jaggery and simmer for 10 minutes
6. Add coconut milk and boil it for a minute.
7. Add coriander leaves and turns off.
Heat the ghee in a pan. Splutter the mustard seeds, and then add the rest of the ingredients for seasoning and sauté until the onions become light brown in colour. Add this to the rasam.
Photos (Click to enlarge) :
Post your comment:
This recipe has 0 pictures.
Add your comments.